Blogging is an excellent way to grow an engaged audience around a subject or niche that you are passionate about.
If you want to make a profit from your blog however there comes a that you will need to monetise, and if you’re relying on your blog to be the basis for a new career then this is going to have to have sooner rather than later.
There are many ways of monetising your blog in today’s market and one of the most profitable is to create an eCourse whereby you teach something that you are passionate about in an online environment.
eCourse launch numbers are rising fast around the world. You name the industry and the niche and there’s someone making money running an eCourse in that area today. There are eCourses on knitting, guitar playing, on how to author a book, do yoga or cook specific types of food. Combined, there are millions of business eCourses, personal development eCourses and health and wellbeing eCourses that have been launched right around the world.
Many of us are in two minds about whether or not there is value in launching an eCourse today in what can feel like a saturated market, when in fact, the opportunity has never been better.
Not only can an eCourse be financially profitable for your online business, but creating an eCourse can allow you to become more profitable emotionally speaking too.
Here are 8 Ways eCourses Can Add Huge Profit To Your Blog and Life.
1. Scale of reach: Regardless of our knowledge, expertise and qualifications, there are really only so many hours in each day that we can do our work. In on eCourse learning environment you have the ability to work with an unlimited number of people right around the world for roughly the same amount of time than it would take you to teach, coach or work in a one on one environment. Your effort is scaled
2. Scale in profit: Most people go to work for a set salary. Regardless of how hard they work how great value they present is or how many people they reach with that value, their income remains the same. When you personally create and sell an eCourse– especially one where the content is evergreen (relevant over time) then your financial opportunity is uncapped. Create the eCource once, sell it unlimited times. Now that’s profit freedom!
3. Time freedom: When managing an eCourse yourself you are able to set your own schedule of interaction. Technology has allowed eCourse creators to be available whenever they like and wherever they have an Internet connection. Whether or not you have live calls or meetings, respond to social media discussion or emails relating to the eCourse, you are able to create your own schedule. This allows you time freedom within your own life that you may need to manage other jobs, family or home commitments. Or to head off on an adventure mid-week without having to get permission from anybody else.
4. Deepening your industry expertise: Supporting a group of people in your target niche can help you to grow your industry expertise faster than in a one on one environment. You have the unique opportunity to dig deeper and find out exactly what makes your target client tick, what their pains are and where they most need support. This depth of knowledge and data can take years to acquire in a one on one environment.
5. Quality of teaching methods: Never before has there been such an array of methods that you can use to teach with. Membership websites, virtual classrooms, discussion forums, online and interactive text, multimedia such as video or audio classes and live calls. What-ever the topic of the lessons are that you’re sharing in an eCourse there is a medium out there that is perfect for presenting it to your clients or customers.
6. You reach people where they want to learn: Many people simply don’t have the time to go to one on one coaching meetings or appointments, or to enroll in a course or class on campus. If you want to reach more people you need to be able to meet them where they are and where they are is mobile. Many people need and want to be able to access an eCourse environment so that they can learn at their own pace and in their own environment. At home, on holiday or anywhere with an Internet connection.
7. Personal growth: Launching anything that you have personally created into the world is a first-class lesson in personal growth. You may well learn more about yourself and the way you greet challenge and new experiences than ever before. Welcoming constructive feedback as a way of improving your processes within your eCourse and also within your marketing can be nerve-wracking and uncomfortable but is also a necessary stage of this personal growth. Putting your work and self out into the public arena and selling yourself can be really scary however when you choose to launch an eCourse you are finally giving yourself the opportunity to see how strong and capable you really are.
8. Being of service to the world: Martin Luther King stated “Everybody can be great…because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.” It is well recognised that those who serve the world are more fulfilled (scientific study of brain scans of monks has confirmed that they are indeed ‘happier’ than the general population). Many would say that you would be doing the world a disservice to not share what you know at scale. When you can reach out and help others then you are creating a space within yourself for a greater fulfilment.
As you can see there are many reasons why creating and launching an eCourse can add profit to your life and your online business while improving the lives of others while you do it. So it looks like now may be the perfect time for you to create and launch your own eCourse.
What are you waiting for?
Oh, you think you don’t have the audience, list size or expertise?
One of my fellow business associates, Kathryn Hocking (the eCourse launch ‘extraordinaire’) has just launched her amazing new video series on how to achieve an EPIC eCourse Launch (even if you’ve only got a small list). It’s a great support and Kathryn is an expert when it comes to eCourse launching.
If you’ve ever wondered if you’ve got what it takes to get your knowledge out there in the world, then take the time to watch this series.